Real Estate Law Attorneys
The real estate attorneys at Lerner & Weiss provide clients with an array legal services concerning the acquisition and disposition of all types of real property located throughout California.
Our real estate lawyers draw upon more than 60 years of collective experience vigorously representing our clients’ interests in both residential and commercial real estate transactions.
We have a track record of success and many satisfied clients have benefited from our knowledge of real estate law. Not only do we make sure all transactions comply with state and federal laws, but we also do our best to mitigate any potential risks that could result in future litigation.
Skilled & Experienced California Real Estate Lawyers
For example, we draft and review all real estate purchase and sales agreements and make certain all legally required disclosures are made.
We negotiate on your behalf when there are property disputes and, when the situation calls for it, we work to negotiate settlements.
When a favorable settlement is not possible, we have the trial experience you need from a real estate attorney and will proudly pursue or defend your case in court.
Common Legal Issues For Residential Real Estate Transactions
It is always a good financial decision to consult with a real estate attorney before signing final escrow documents and taking possession of the home.
A few of the items our real estate attorneys will evaluate include:
- Closing Documents. Reviewing closing documents to ensure that there are no issues with titles, deeds, insurance or loan papers.
- Improvements. Determining whether there have been any improvements made to the property. If so, where the improvements constructed with the proper permits and in compliance with all relevant building codes and local ordinances.
- Zoning and Land Use. Confirming zoning requirements prior to making any any planned renovations.
- Encroachments. Identifying whether there are any encroachments on the property, such as driveways, fences, garages or other buildings.
- Easements. Evaluating if any easements have been granted, such as those commonly granted to utility companies to run wires across the property either overhead or underground.
- Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions. If there is a Homeowners’ Association, you need to be sure you understand your rights and obligations under the terms of the CCR.
Commercial Real Estate: Common Legal Issues in CA
If you are investing in commercial property, whether as a location for your own personal business, or to use as rental or leased property to other businesses, there are a number of legal issues our real estate attorneys can can assist you with.
Common commercial real estate issues include:
- Land use requirements and regulations.
- Compliance with zoning laws.
- Environmental rules and regulations.
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
- Environmental Assessments (EA).
- Landlord/Tenant disputes.
- Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
If you have a question or legal issue and need to speak with an experienced real estate lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact us today.